Participants: 8 – 16
Location: Inside and Outside
Activity Level: Medium
DIY Team Center Access: Videos, photos, tips and tricks and more for this activity
Time Needed: 15 to 20 Minutes plus debrief – 45 to 60 minutes total
Objectives: Coaching, Trust, Communication
The purpose of this exercise is to practice clear communication and develop keys to trust during challenging and confusing times. The exercise creates a great deal of confusion and sometimes frustration as communication becomes difficult.
Feedback, both giving and receiving is the essence of communication and MUST be practiced here in order for the participants to accomplish their tasks. Due to the inherent communication difficulty the exercise creates, a high level of commitment is required by all participants. How many members of the team are not committed to the goals at work?
In addition, all of the participants experience the different roles of leading and following. This allows them to recognize their strengths and weaknesses individually and as a team. This event lets the participants experience the need to be leader and follower.
Because of this role-switching, this event will remind people in each position what the other role feels like and lend insights to improving relations between the two.
This event is FUN!
A glimpse into Get It Together:
After pairing up, one blindfolded person goes into a large circle to retrieve certain items, with only their partners instructions as guidance. The catch here is the partner must stay on the outside of the circle. Still seems fairly simple until all the pairs are in the middle at the same time.
This activity is a step beyond our Leader Walk team building exercise and helps participants experience the need for trust, the need for planning and the difficulties of communicating while being both coach and coachee.
Who should go for Get It Together?
- Groups who need to begin trusting each other beyond simple ‘trust’ activities through clear communication.
- Groups looking to improve coaching (communication) skills
What will the group learn from Get It Together?
- Planning and strategy is important, even for seemingly simple tasks and goals.
- The need to communicate with someone the way THEY will hear it best, not how WE communicate best.
- Trusting is a very important part of a supportive work environment.
What’s included in the Get It Together activity:
The team building activity comes in an easy-to-use storage bag and includes the following:
- Comprehensive information on purpose of the game, how to set it up and the safety measures necessary during the course of the team activity.
- Suggestions for a great debrief of the activity including some possible questions that you could ask the team.
- Professional materials necessary to conduct the activity.
It includes everything you need to provide a good quality, well thought out and meaningful learning opportunity.
With each team building purchase, you also receive:
- Unlimited Support Monday through Friday from a Professional Facilitator.
- Two-Year No-Hassle Replacement Warranty
And what’s more, you are also entitled to 100% Lifetime Money Back Satisfaction
If you would like help in selecting an event, please do contact us at 800-513-8759 . Our representatives will be more than happy to help you.